To actively foster business growth, member services, and a united community.
As I work on the River Days festival my thoughts start to wonder, is this worth it? Do the people really want this? Will they attend? What is the purpose? This made me think about our small town and why we are doing this event. Made me remember when I had water heater problems a few years ago. I went to the local hardware and got the parts I needed, went home, not exactly what I needed, so I went back. Unfortunately it was 5 minutes to closing, but they stayed open, put the two parts together for me and sent me home. But, before I left “Hey Bobbi, if you need anything else, here is my home number, I’ll be around, call me”. Thank goodness, I didn’t have to go back. Another time Christmas Eve, my baby is 8 months old, gets pink eye, nothing is open. But again, call your local pharmacist and they meet you there, and get you the medicine you need. Later that night happy, less irritated baby…happy mom, because the first Christmas was memorable. I’m sure you all have many of these stories to share. This is why we do these events. This is why we promote our small town. No big box store, or huge corporation would have done that for you. Small town means family, and if you treat your family right, they will treat you right back. So let’s move forward with the planning. With all the fund raising events we have had, we have revenue of $10,092.36 to put toward River Days. The estimated cost of this year’s event is $5,761.50, leaving a profit of $4,330.86, which can be used to market Chesaning. I think this is a good place to market. It’s nice to visit the big towns, with the different restaurants, and unique stores we don’t have. But all in all, when you come home, you smile at everyone you meet on the street, and they smile back. You know 95% of them, and the other 5% you don’t know, still smile back. It’s a good feeling. We aren’t just promoting a festival once a year, we are promoting a feeling 365 days a year. In the end I’m just a small town girl, and I love the FEELING of Chesaning.